The Biotechnology/Bimolecular Chemistry program, Faculty of Science, Cairo University aims to provide a degree-level education from which graduates can enter a career in the biotechnology-based industries.
The Biotechnology/Bimolecular Chemistry program plans to enhance the learning experience of each of its students and to lead the way for other universities in Egypt and the Middle East to follow.
General aims of the program
- Provide undergraduates with opportunities to develop their inter-personal and communication skills.
- Formulate a systemic understanding of the key aspects of subjects which underpin the study of molecular biotechnology, particularly in the areas of biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, proteomics, immunology, genomics and microbiology.
- Provide students with an opportunity to experience the application of their course work through a short training in industry.
- Develop conception of molecular biotechnology basics through the provision of coherent and detailed knowledge, some of which will be informed by the forefront of various discipline(s) introduced throughout the program.
- Provide a broadly based scientific and technological education whose graduates can also enter a career in other areas of applied biology or processing.
- Promote a conceptual understanding of the basics of molecular biotechnology which allows students to analyze critique and interpret evidence of a scientific nature particularly that relevant to the interpretation of biological evidence.
- Offer a program of education which will enable its graduates to enter a career in the biotechnology-based industries as scientists or technologists in production and research and development.
- Enhance awareness and ability to critique particular aspects of current research in different areas of molecular biotechnology.
- Equip students with appropriate technical skills qualifying them to compete in the national, regional and international work market.
- Help students acquire diverse practical skills in various biochemical, biological and biotechnological disciplines that are relevant to the practical skills required by molecular biotechnology science professions.
- Supply the graduates with a suite of key general skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, manage priorities, meet deadlines, work both independently and in collaboration and take initiative to solve problems.
- Raise students’ self-learning ability and their ability to make effective use of appropriate scholarly reviews and resources.
- Provide students with an awareness of the social impact of the applied biotechnological sciences.
الهيكل التنظيمي والجهاز الإداري لبرنامج التقنية الحيوية/الكيمياء الحيوية الجزيئية
|منسق البرنامج السيد أ.د. صبري الطاهر أحمد|
|لجنة شئون الطلاب السيد د. أحمد سيد فؤاد|
|لجنة اعضاء هيئة التدريس السيد د. محمد عبد المعطي محمد|
|لجنة المعامل والأجهزة السيد د. عاطف عبد المنعم علي|
|لجنة مراجعة وتطوير البرنامج السيد أ.د. فوزي علي عتابي|
|لجنة شئون الخريجيين السيد أ.د. عماد ابراهيم الزيات|
|الإداريين السيدة / نهى سعيد أحمد|
|الطالب على محمد محمود ( مستوى ثالث)|